Sunday, February 12, 2012

Blogger Extraordinaire I Declare I am not!

Once in awhile it hits me that I have a blog out there somewhere in cyberspace, and to get there I always have to do a google search on "I suffer from SMS Shaken Mother Syndrome" and it comes up, live and well, and still proof that nothing on the Internet ever dies. I couldn't possibly write about everything that has happened in my life in the past 8 months...and perhaps if I put a daily reminder in my phone I'll remember to blog once in awhile...so here's the short version.

June 2011 - moved back into our house after the great ceiling collaps of 4 Feb 2011...skip forward 7 months and you'll still find a garage full of crap I don't know what to do with and should probably just chuck in the bin.

June 2011 - my eldest son became an official 'pre-teen' and had his 12th birthday. Skip forward 7 months and he's full of testosterone building up in his system that his sensitive side can't deal with and he's mean and cantankerous and driving his parents nuts...but this storm too shall pass.

17 July we commemorated the first anniversary of the death of my Mother-In-Law, Catherine. She was an odd duck whose heart was bigger than her brain but we loved her and still miss her daily.

8 August Doug and I celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary in true 'us' style...watched some tv, played on Facebook and went to bed at separate times of the evening. We do truly love each other but life is so exhausting on all fronts for us and we are more of the celebrate the little wins daily rather than worry about the big holidays we are suppposed to declare our love on type people...not to mention we just can't be bothered to get off our butts to plan anything and if we did plan it we probably couldn't afford to do it anyway.

I got my first smart phone at some point in August or September...The Galaxy S2. I have never purchased a mobile phone, all of mine have been hand me downs, so I wanted to do it right. The Apple platform fails to impress me on many an occasions (though it does have some nifty stuff) so I thought I would be happier with the S2. I was right, it's a rockin' phone and I love every little thing about it...now if I could just get if off my kids long enough to play my own damned games or make phone call :)

Early September I suffered a workplace injury while coaching my Year 5/6 Softball team to a 3rd place victory at the third level of competition. After getting hit in the shoulder by a bat, and the neck by a fairly well hit ball, I did myself in while telling the bus driver he was driving the wrong way, the proceded to twist my knee while getting back into my seat on the bus...one wet floor and one wrong turn saw me on crutches for 8 weeks.

September saw Oscar (my 5 year old) and I take our first Mummy/Son trip to Canada.There are many things to be said about taking a 5 year old on a 35 hour plane journey while on crutches, but in the end, Oscar was amazing...even carrying both his and my bags at some points during the trip. Oscar had never been to visit my home before and we had so much fun spending time with his grandmother, Bubby Carol, his grandfather and his wife, Grampy Joe and Natalie, his Uncle Steve and Aunt Janet and his cousins Owen and Joel. I truly miss Canada but am so glad I am not there when it snows.

In November I found out that I was going to be unemployed in 2012 as there were no jobs at my school available for the following year...luckily it didn't take long to find a new job and I am loving my new role at a new primary school teaching Year 3/4. It is a smaller school, it is a more established school, my team is incredible and so far so good, my kids are pretty great.

In December I experienced something totally new...school camp with 50 10 and 11 year olds...holy hell batman, what did I get myself into? It was actually a lot of fun and we really did enjoy ourselves.

December also saw the arrival of my Mom, Carol for an incredibly fun, though at times trying 10 weeks. My mother has many complaints about me, she came at a time when I was under incredible stress and therefore worried about me, but we all came through it and this morning she departed back to Canada to face her tiny apartment and the silence that reigns when you do not have 3 crazy kids around and two parents trying to keep the peace all of the time. I truly love my mom and appreciated all she did while here...

And that brings us to today. Writing in my blog to procrastinate finishing up my planning for this week's lessons at school. Let's see where I can go from here...phone reminder set.

No comments:

Post a Comment